Sunday, October 12, 2014

The Spoils of.... 3rd Place!

Greetings all! I would've posted this up sooner, but I didn't get a chance to as it was too late and I had responsibilities I had to take care of earlier today. 

A while back, I participated in a contest over on the Reaper forum called "Be A Spaceship Superstar!" It was a lot of fun, and my first competition. The idea was to paint a SciFi figure/squad/diorama, and as I love dioramas, I chose to do that. Of course, during the month leading up to the competition, I got lazy and had to rush to finish everything up. However, with a little luck (and no multi-genre winners) I placed 3rd in diorama. This is a pic of my entry "The Race"

More of "The Race" Here!
I was pleased with the overall piece, although I wanted to add a lot more detail to it. At any rate, I had fun participating in my first competition and I'm definitely going to be entering more in the future (*cough* 2014 "Year of the Giants") I wanted to post the other entries, but it looks like the link was taken down. I'm lucky to have gotten third as there were some really awesome dioramas there!

At any rate, as part of the contest, I was allowed to choose from an assortment of minis that were generously donated as prizes. I'm pretty pumped as I was able to pick some very good minis that I'd never heard of or seen before. Most of these can be seen over at the Prince August miniature site. These are the ones I chose:

- Warzone Pretorian Behemoth - Really big and ugly dude... should be a blast to paint!

- VOID Viridian Fenrir's Assault Marines Advancing - Great poses, although not Warzone 

- Warzone Major Johan Emigholtz - Super pumped as this guy is riding on a dinosaur, and my 3yr. old recent requested a dinosaur mini.

- Warzone Ducal Militia - I'll probably end up doing a diorama featuring these guys vs. the WPB above.

- Warzone Ducal Militia HMG Team - Lock 'n Load

- Warzone Pegasus Scout Bike - A great mini that'll fit right in "The Race" and for my little girl.

- Warzone Capitol: Assault Marine HMG Spec - Looks awesome! 

- Warzone Trencher Hero - Somebody's gotta lead....

I'm sure I'll do some WIPS on here on these guys. I'm trying to determine where to put my stuff, but I'll probably end up posting in both places. At any rate, it'll be a while before I can get to these guys as I have a Reaper Exchange Mini to complete, a Hasslefree Contest to participate in, as well as The Year of the Giants. It's going to be a busy few moths of painting tiny things!

Thanks for reading!

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment